The
gemstones of life.
Chapter 1: The tree.
|
B
|
efore I tell you
the story, I want to inform you that a long time ago, a century before when
Oak, Aqua, Snowy appeared on Earth there was a beautiful girl. She cared for nature so much that one day, a
magical tree engulfed her at her will.
Why? I have no idea. Her lover, a famous gemstone miner, tried to
coax her out of the tree using the finest gemstones he could find: Diamond,
Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Gold topaz, and Amethyst. The tree took them, but never gave back the
girl. The miner decided that one day he
would chop down the tree himself. The
girl was saved, but the gemstones were never found. Now to the real story. A decade later after the elemental birds
existed, 6 kids found the mysterious gems.
They were called Crystal, Andy, Becky, John, Jimmy, and Tommy. The small group were orphans, and they bonded
to each other well. The gems were
magical because the tree was created in one of my earlier novels by Oak, the
life elemental bird. The magic in the
wood seeped into the gems after being cut down by the miner I told you about. Each gem floated down to a orphan. If any other kid tried to snatch a gem, it
would give that kid a shock. So, the
diamond was held by Crystal, the ruby went to Andy, and so on. You could infer Becky got the sapphire, John
got the emerald, Jimmy got the topaz, and Tommy got the amethyst. Since Oak the bird needed all the elements to
make the tree, the diamond had the cold power like Snowy the bird, the ruby had
the fire power like Kahoot the owl, the sapphire had the water power like Aqua
the bird, the emerald had the power of life and earth like Oak the bird and
Shracaw the monk parrot, the topaz had the power of lightning and light like
Ziggy the squirrel and Keesgat the eaglet, and finally, the amethyst had the
power of darkness like Hurscree the eagle. (In case you didn't know, Hurscree
contributed to the first plant Oak made.)
The moment the orphans touched them, they became dragons. Crystal was a very pale blonde haired 13 year
old girl that always wore white since the day she was abandoned by her
parents. Andy, on the other hand, was a 9
year old red head, which didn't care much about his clothes and was very short
tempered, and Becky was a 11 year old that had striking blue eyes and a scent
that always smelled like the ocean. John
was a brown haired 10 yr old boy with
green glasses and green eyes. Like John,
Jimmy had glasses, but he also had golden brown hair and a yellow shirt and was
12 years old. Tommy had very dark hair
and a pair of sunglasses.
Chapter 2: The dragons of
Dynusses.
|
N
|
ow, after they
became dragons, they found out they each had a slot in their head. The slot held the gems to give them
power. When they needed to travel on
foot, the dragons took out the gems. To
become dragons again, they put it in their pocket. Everywhere, luscious trees grew and wild
animals roamed about. At this time they
had to question several catlike creatures what date it was. Roughly, it was 300 B.C. in a multi-verse
that had galaxies that took abstract forms.
Unfortunately, the birds, squirrel and the author of this book got
teleported to this dimension.
Fortunately, they landed together in a cave. Kahoot, Shracaw, Keesgat, Ziggy, and Hurscree
needed an explanation from Oak, Aqua, and Snowy who I was. Snowy said, "Before we were introduced to
the wild, this boy kept us to help us have time to fledge and learn to take
care of each other."
I set out with the
birds into the inner chambers of the cave. They seemed like they have grown
bigger, like the size I was.
Meanwhile, the
dragons were a little too wary, trembling as they went around the forest. When
the majestic reptiles came to the entrance of the cave we were in, Crystal
insisted on going on in the cave.
"Come on, people, we can't be whiny babies when we were orphans, now we
have powers. We don't need our parents anymore," she declared. The rest of
the group kept silent and went with the flow.
Right now, we
quietly listened to the drip-drip of the flowstone coming from the stalactites.
Keesgat picked up a few cave pearls and granting them the power of
illumination. Hurscree was very content about the darkness of the room.
Suddenly, hundreds of gaunt and glowing, shriveled mushroom people jumped out
and trapped us in a cage of steel-hard spears. Since I had nothing to do, I
took out my notepad and started to draft that the mushroom people were weakened
and were vulnerable to the character's I made up attacks.
When the trap sprung,
the dragons heard it too. They rushed over and saw the commotion. Their dragon
hearts made them bring everything they see to justice. They jumped up and
brought forth their powers and knocked out all of them. I and the animals were
dazed to see the dragons brought forth this power that the birds themselves
have never conducted this much energy.
Chapter 3: the prophecy.
|
"
|
Hello, very nice
to meet you, and what are your names?" they asked. "Our names
are Ziggy, Kahoot, Snowy, Keesgat, Shracaw, Aqua, Oak, Hurscree, and
Richard." I said. "It seems like you know a lot about our
powers." Tommy said. Kahoot chuckled. "We also practice them."
"Maybe you guys can teach us to improve our skills." they said.
"Right on!" Ziggy giddily shouted.
"You must
concentrate on your element, If you think about something else, the thought
will interfere with your power, and it will come out as a wisp of smoke."
Snowy said. The others nodded in a agreement. Suddenly, the camp was attacked
by a pack of insect-like looking bugs with clubs in their claws. "Use what
we taught you!" Hurscree called after them. They did really well as I
inspected, but John was seriously damaged and even his own magic could not help
him. Oak suggested the plants over by the tree that John was lying and I
accidentally dropped my notepad on it. When I picked it up, a note was scrawled
over that said, " healing plant for normal and physical wounds. Called:
Konara." I said to Oak to pick them up and wrap a few leaves around John's wounds. In that moment, I realized
that my notepad can scan everything.
A few minutes
later, a green, eerie smoke rose out of my notepad. A ghastly voice said,
"fifteen figures to rule them all, one would go and leave them all. All
will master their true power, all others will die and cower." Becky
wondered, "From my mother, I remember leaving in prophecies means betrayal
or death." "Maybe it means
someone will die in this team, because there is a very unlikely chance that
there is going to be a traitor." Andy suggested.
Chapter
4: Survival
"You
know, we used to live in a tree, and these ones might be the right homes for
us!" Oak exclaimed. "You're right, but it might need some
improvements," Jimmy said. I lifted my notepad over it. The pad said,
"bamboo like trees that are hollow. If cut, germs will not harm to cause
rotting, and non-flammable. Called: Hollow wood Lyde." Well, let's start
making ourselves comfortable!" Becky yelled. Shracaw first flew up to the
canopy and made a stone ladder up there, and John started going around the
forest, chopping down wood for the floorboards in our tree house. Tommy started
to smooth out the walls, while I started collecting food. Since I didn't know
where to start, but the fruit of the hollow wood lyde looked edible, except I
knew so little of the world around me, and I can't take any risks, so I took
out my pad, and yes, I have to do that, and scanned it. The pad said it was
edible only if it was exposed to intense heat. I put some more into my
backpack, but we also really needed some protein. The meadow of konara over to
the west had some snake like creatures out there, but as I zoomed in with my
scope on my rifle Shracaw made, those organisms had sharp teeth! I was going to
need more than my rifle to defeat the foul beast! Maybe Snowy can help with getting
the food. When Snowy came to my help, I
asked him to carry me to a lower altitude so I can snipe their faces off, then
he can spear them. The plan worked. I ripped a snake's skin off and Snowy
swooped in to finish it off. We carried the fresh kill into the house, being
happy campers. Jimmy was just finishing the lighting when we burst in, and we
told everyone to gather around the fireplace and take a stick and spear the
fresh fruit and meat into kabobs and roast them while Kahoot did a special
chef's performance, engulfing our food in flames, but when we took them out, it
was well and good. That night, Shracaw, our blacksmith, forged a suit of armor
for me, the weakest, from the scales we found from the snake this afternoon.
The
next morning, it looked like we weren't alone at all, there were some very
fierce birds(not my friends) outside the house. They were fierce because
whenever I approached them, they shot poison darts at me, but I was protected
by the thick scales. I took out my rifle and remembered my hunting lessons on
hitting flying targets back on earth. Sure it worked, and I got a lucky shot straight
in the heart. After it fell, I called on Crystal to swoop down and carry it
back, because I can't risk another of those konara snakes. Actually, the bird
was called a cokad. The feathers were
actually useful, another of those cat-like creatures said. It will actually
cure poisoning, so it was good to have in our bags. The meat was actually
similar tasting to the roast duck on earth, and it also can keep you awake if
you need a long night guard shift in camp.
"Oh,
my Gruffen! Richard! Those snakes we killed were just babies! Their mother is
coming for us!" Snowy screamed. "Hurscree! Get your sword! Those
scales are too tough to break by our powers!" Keesgat shouted. Hurscree
suddenly disappeared and after that a earsplitting hiss broke the sound barrier
as blood gushed out of the wound on the weak links in the scales. The snake
fell down, defeated. When we climbed down and rushed to the site, there were
only a huge pile of dust. A wise but old flower man walked over and said that
this powder is very fine and used to enhance the accuracy and damage of a
weapon. Shracaw was very fascinated by this. When we got back to the house,
Shracaw was not there. After five minutes passed, he came and dumped two sacks
of the dust down on his work-bench. Then he asked us all to bring their weapons
and a minute later, a sword and a rifle was neatly polished and made lighter so
that we can both be faster with our reflexes and that I found out my gun was
silenced.
Andy
was really frustrated about his training. Kahoot was teaching him the phoenix
missile move, but every time his missiles went awry and hit some poor bird.
Snowy tried to calm him down. "Relax, Kahoot is a very good teacher. You
have to stop thinking about other things, but I know you are concentrating, and
that is well." His advice seemed to cool him down, but from my hunting
lessons, his missiles still were not hitting the bull's eye mark. When he sent
another one, I shot a bullet from my rifle and it startled the phoenix enough
to send it hitting the center dot on the target. When he changed into his human
form, Andy thanked me and revealed that he secretly had a crush on Crystal, but
I came back with a firm reply: "You have to stop thinking about her in
training and battles." "Ooooooooh! I heard that!" I turned
around and there was Crystal, always loving the gossip. I looked back and Jimmy
was blowing the alarm horn.
Chapter 5: The teleportation of earth.
"HOLY
crap! Who is this?" John
asked. "Could be someone I used to remember, or was it from junior
high?" I commented. We were around a medical bed, looking at a bruised but
knocked out person. "Is it someone you know?" Crystal asked.
"Yup, it's my ex." I said. "You have an ex?" Andy asked.
Snowy was holding an ice cube. "Ice, water, bucket, and face." He
said. I groaned. "All right, do it the old-fashioned way." She woke
up in an instant after we poured it on her face. Hurscree covered the room in a
blanket of darkness. A while later, I explained everything to her and that
teleportation thing we called dimensional reality.
"Look,
I want to believe you, but I need proof." Viki said. I showed her my
family. She needed more proof. I took her onto the balcony and she saw the
luscious trees. She started to believe that this world existed. Right now, a battle was just going on between
the flower and mushroom people. Jimmy blew the alarm and I rushed to help.
"Where are you going?" she asked. "To fight danger, and you can
come along too." "That's okay to me." I let her borrow my armor,
but there was a very weak mushroom man which was drunk so we decided to attack
him. Seems that he was carrying two precious totems, time and space. When we
picked them up, we suddenly morphed into birds. She evolved into a red tailed
hawk, while I turned into a cooper's hawk. More and more mushrooms were closing
in, but luckily I realized that I can morph matter, so I took a cloud and we
escaped. When we were in the atmosphere, I saw a shrine that was causing all
the trouble. "There!" I shouted. Viki quickly sped up time so we
would get there faster, and there was a man who was just in the way of the tractor
beam. I thought there must have to be a way to give a offering, because that
was why it was called a shrine. I offered the shrine the man, and sure it
worked. The beam instantly stopped. But the ground shook and rumbled. A giant
fist reached out of the earth. "People! attack!" By this time, the
feet stepped out and the giant was enormous. The dragons also cannot defeat the
giant and caused a scratch. I asked the powerful elements light and darkness to
join us and we accidentally created a gate to a black hole, but in the process,
Hurscree was too dark for the black hole to resist, so she got sucked in along
with the giant. But, as always, she turned into a ghost and still lingered in
this world, and she was still with us. Since she was a ghost, I needed to make
ectoplasm out of dark matter from the black hole. The plasma from the matter
also served as a infinite source of energy. Then everything returned to normal.
That's all, folks! (NOT)
:-)
No comments:
Post a Comment